Thank You Email after Interview - Sample, Templates, FAQs



You walk out of an interview room, and you feel perfect as the interview goes well. Now it's time to sit back and craft a Thank you Email after the Interview.

You may wonder why it is important. Well, it's a norm in the employment world to thank a panel or hiring manager. Remember, they give you the time that is quite precious and valuable for them. They offer you an opportunity to sell yourself.

Therefore, they deserve some appreciation and gratitude.

Besides, it shows how professional and respectful you are when connecting with your hiring manager and employers.

You won't have to spend hours crafting a thank you email. I'm here to walk you through a guide to writing an email. Or use my template, change some details and send an email right away. It won't take much time but trust me, it will set a very good impression.

Let's get started.

Thank you. Email after Interview

I don't think I need to explain it too much. The term is self-explanatory. You need to send a thank-you note to your employer, hiring manager, recruiter, or panel.

It's a formality, but you should always fulfill it. You need to send a Thank you Email after your first and second interviews.

How to Write a Thank you Email?

Now the question is how you are going to craft. It's a short note, and it doesn't require much from your side.

 

     Start with the Opening salutation. Would you mind getting info about the name of the hiring manager? When you address him with his name, it sounds better than writing 'To whom it may concern or Dear Hiring Manager".

     In the very first line, you will say how thankful you are that the company has given you some interview time.

     In another line, give an interview flashback. Mention something specific, like a question, answer, or discussion, so that you can jog your hiring manager's memory. You can say that you learn from that situation/discussion or question.

     The most important part of a thank you email is to tell the manager that you are still very interested in the position and looking forward to the next step of the recruitment process.

     Ask them to connect with you if they have some follow-up Interview Questions or other additional information they want from your side.

     Tell them you will be waiting for their next call or email.

     In case a panel was there to interview you, send personalized emails to separate individuals. You can't send bcc to everyone. It doesn't look good.

FAQs

How Long Should a Thank you Email be?

No one has the time to read a 500-word email in which your only intention is to thank them. Time is valuable for everyone. So, please only write 180-200 maximum words. Split the paragraph, write in straightforward language and font. Avoid bold and fancy formatting; keep it short but meaningful. You can get more details from the Career Advice section of FRATRES.net.

When to Send an Interview Email?

Timing matters. You can send an email within 24 hours of your interview. If you wait too long, the Hiring Manager won't have fresh memories of your conversation. In case your interview is on Friday, send a thank you email after four hours. If you don't do it in a hurry, your email will be stuck in weekend emails.

Whether to send an Email or Create a Handwritten note?

It is an Essential Question. An email is a quick medium, and you can send it anytime. However, when you apply to a company that has a traditional culture, they would prefer a handwritten thank you note. In that case, get help from a quick delivery service. When you think that the hiring manager is less formal and doesn't find casual interaction, then email is your best choice.

A Template of Email after Interview

Dear <Interviewer’s Name>,

Thank you for meeting me (mention the date). I appreciate that you gave me some time to prove myself and my skills. I'm very excited to join your company and learn from your qualified team.

The (job title) is a position that I always wanted to get. I'm pretty confident that my past experience and skills would help me do better on this job.

I look forward to getting any update and response from your side. I'm available to discuss this opportunity further with you at this point.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions and require some additional information in the meantime.

Thank you again.

Best regards,

(Write your complete name)

An Informal Thank you Email

Subject line: I enjoyed my interview!

Hi Jonathan,

I liked spending time with your panel as I learned a lot about the challenges related to this new position in your company. I am pretty excited to join your fantastic team, where my experience helps me bring more value.

 I wondered what you said during the job interview (mention something from a past interview). In my last job, I found a great solution to a problem your company is facing at the moment. I am confident that I would come up with a better solution so that your company can enjoy cost-cutting up to 10 percent while maintaining and boosting the gain by at least up to 5 percent.

I look forward to your call next week.

Thank you again for considering me.

Best Regards,

Michael

P.S. I hope you enjoyed the football game last night, or I took your recommendation to watch "The Good Fight” and realized I was missing a lot; now I'm super hooked!

When you check the career advice section of FRATRES.NET, you will find a more detailed guide on how to attract the attention of your hiring manager.

Bottom Line

You can write a formal and informal Thank you Email after a Job Interview. However, keep it short and exciting. Formal is always the right tone. However, when you get connected with a hiring manager during an interview, there is no harm in going with information and a casual tone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does a Restaurant Manager Do?

Dig into Communication Skill Resume

Different Types of Engineering Jobs